Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Marquette Bank
The Payroll Managers primary focus is payroll and all related activities. The Payroll Manager is also responsible for other accounting responsibilities within the Human Resources Department, including but not limited to governmental filings, invoice reconciliation and retirement plan administration. The position also requires managing the compliance calendar and audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage all aspects of payroll, including but not limited to processing bi-weekly disbursement of payroll, levies, garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
* Determine payroll liabilities by verifying and approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments through third-party tax-filing system; reconcile payroll tax reports.
* Run special reports and payrolls, such as EVA Bonus, etc.
* Review HR HRIS input; act as back-up to HR Officer for preparation of Payroll Authorization Sheet.
* Review and reconcile all Human Resources, Payroll and GL accounts with each payroll
* Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and other ad-hoc reports for HR, other bank departments and external vendors, as needed
* Assist Senior Vice President-Human Resources in compiling and analyzing compensation and employment data for purposes of discretionary ESOP contributions and Officer and non-officer bonus payments
* Ensure systems are set-up and updated to accurately reflect current employee taxations and limits, base and wages, pay codes, benefit limits, etc.
* Manage annual Total Compensation Statements preparation and distribution
* Manage Deferred Compensation administration in conjunction with SVP-HR
* Reconcile and process all Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll invoices
* Manage 401(k) and ESOP administration and distributions; reconcile ESOP distributions; facilitate quarterly 401(k) training
* Plan and execute annual ESOP and 401(k) awareness event
* Manage audits; provide audit requests for payroll, 401(k), ESOP and Human Resources
* Prepare and file all governmental filings including but not limited to 5500s, filings under ACA, Medicare, EEO-1, Vets 100, etc.
* Track all leaves for payroll purposes, such as FMLA, personal, short-term, long-term and workers compensation
* Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advise management on needed actions
* Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
* Maintain payroll and compliance guidelines by writing and updating policies/procedures and creating and implementing internal controls; maintain professional and technical knowledge
* Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests from management and employees; maintaining strict confidentiality
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and internal controls for which this position is responsible.
Knowledge/Abilities/Experience and Training Required:
* Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems, ideally ADP Workforce Now (most recent version)
* Strong working knowledge of all areas of payroll, including but not limited to payroll tax at federal, state and local levels, ACA requirements, etc.
* Strong balancing and reconciliation skills
* Knowledge of special pay processes
* Excellent report writing skills
* Solid team player with great organizational and problem-solving abilities
* Detailed-oriented team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels
* Analytical with excellent time-management skills, being able to meet tight deadlines
* College degree
* Consistently exhibits a strong business ethic and work ethic
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills to include good decision making, sound analytical ability and good judgment
* Demonstrated exceptional ability to uphold strict confidentiality standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position.
* Employee may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
* Employee is regularly required to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
* Employee may need to constantly position themselves in the office in order to retrieve files from upper and lower drawers.
* Employee in this position frequently communicates with staff and clients and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Employee may need to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Employee specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Actively complying with all applicable laws and regulations to include the Bank Secrecy Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, and all other deposit, lending, or non-deposit service regulations; adhering to the Banks internal policies and procedures contained in the Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual as well as the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Vet/Disability