Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Associate
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES:
With more than 13,000 employees in more than 50 departments, we question the status quo, we challenge old assumptions, WE make government better...Join us for your next career adventure and explore innovation with Maricopa County!
Are you passionate about serving your community and making a difference in peoples' lives? The Maricopa County Human Resources Department is seeking a motivated, innovative, and solutions-driven Human Resources Associate to provide best-in-class Human Resources support as we improve the lives of our citizens.
- Position Qualifications
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Human Resources experience may be considered in substitution for the required education.
- An excitement and willingness to learn and improve their knowledge of the Human Resources profession.
- An agile, positive, customer-focused, continuous improvement, and team building approach.
- Progressively responsible Human Resources experience in a public setting.
- HRCI, SHRM, or IPMA-HR certified professional
Most work is performed in an office environment.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Interprets Human Resources policies and procedures and provides advice, direction, and information on a variety of human resources related matters to employees and managers.
- Provides general guidance and counsel to department management and employees regarding employee relations issues.
- Assists in investigations, gathering data, and report preparation on proposed disciplinary actions and employee grievances.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies, including identifying sources of candidates and partnering with management on interview and selection processes, creating and updating job descriptions, and advising supervisors on recruitment best practices.
- Conducts research, compiles statistical information, and prepares reports for management.
- Designs and delivers training modules.
- Prepares complex and sensitive in nature human resources correspondence, documents, and forms supporting personnel actions, position management, compensation, and payroll.
- Coordinates the process for department hiring activities. Ensures compliance with all relevant employment laws.
- Reviews documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with policies.
- Participates in the implementation of HR policies, procedures, and projects.
- Recommends improvements in processes and workflow by analyzing issues and determining solutions.
- Responds to requests for information and assistance from employees, management, outside agencies, and the general public.
- May lead others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.