Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Analyst - Compensation
at Maricopa County
Pay: $26 to $43/hour
$26 - $43
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2336057
Overall Job Objective
- Position Overview
- With more than 13,000 employees in more than 50 departments, we question the status quo, we challenge old assumptions, WE make government better...Join us for your next career adventure and explore innovation with Maricopa County!
ABOUT MARICOPA COUNTY'S HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT:
The Human Resources Department is a diverse group of agile and dedicated HR professionals who provide exceptional customer service by exemplifying the motto "Your Partner for Success". By strategically partnering with County Management, departments, and applicants, HR looks for creative, outside the box, solutions to the ever-evolving modern day challenges that governments face in providing quality services to their citizens.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Are you passionate about serving your community, making a difference in employees' lives, and solving problems? Maricopa County Human Resources Department is seeking a motivated, innovative, and solutions driven Compensation Analyst who provides professional human resources consulting and analytical services to management so they can make well-informed decisions in the development of sound personnel management and compensation strategies and practices.
- Position Qualifications
- We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business, or related field.
- An equivalent combination of experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
- Three (3) years of professional human resources experience.
- An equivalent combination of education may be considered in substitution for the experience requirement on a year for year basis.
Specialized training, certifications, and/or other special requirements:
Proficiency with business software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email/calendaring.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience applying and/or developing compensation principles and practices.
- Experience performing professional level research and data analysis experience.
- Experience in a public sector human resources environment.
- HRCI, SHRM or IPMA-HR certified HR professional.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, specifically the use of formulas and other reporting/charting functionality.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Consults and advises assigned departments on compensation and related issues.
- Conducts market analysis, gathers market data, conducts individual market surveys, analyzes results, develops report recommendations, and advises management on appropriate market ranges and recommended individual pay rates.
- Analyze compensation-related issues for assigned departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Completes and responds to external compensation surveys.
- Analyzes salary advancement and special work assignment requests for appropriateness and compliance with the provisions of the Compensation Plan and County practice, and to ensure that the pay increases are justifiable and within the market range.
- Assists departments in the development of career/salary progression strategies.
- Interprets and explains policies and procedures to supervisors, employees, and public regarding compensation and related issues.
- Performs analysis to determine appropriate FLSA status.
- Analyzes position management requests and determines position assignment, FLSA status, appropriate hiring range, etc.
- Reviews BOS Agenda items and provides feedback to supervisor.
- Develops, revises, and presents training on compensation related issues to managers, supervisors, liaisons, and employees.
- Assists with the implementation of compensation programs, procedures, methods, and systems, and in solving problems involved in the administration of the compensation system.
- Provides workable input into the design of systems, programs, processes and procedures.
- Conducts specialized ad hoc research/analysis.
- Responds to requests for information and assistance from employees, management, outside agencies, and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks; a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges; being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations; and being open to change, continuous improvement and considerable variety in the workplace.
- Selection Procedure
- The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!