Maricopa Community Colleges
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fiscal Specialist Senior (Senior Payroll Specialist)
at Maricopa Community Colleges
Hiring Salary Range
$17.87 - $23.23/per hour DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Our employees are our most valuable asset; that’s why at Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) we are committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family. Being a member of the Maricopa community you are able to participate in a wide range of benefits that gives you flexibility and choice including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, tuition waivers and exemptions for you and your dependents, and retirement.
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning - find your purpose. Join our community and make a difference. Learn more about our generous and competitive benefits package.
Prepares, verifies, updates, and files all aspects of payroll /compensation data. Includes entering/reviewing garnishments, audits, tax documents, employment verifications, and/or adjustments in the PeopleSoft HCM System. Works closely with other departments and teams.
50% - Prepares, processes, and distributes assigned college payrolls; advises management concerning payroll processes by applying policies, procedures and governmental regulations including FLSA, IRS, SSA, ASRS and Arizona Revised Statutes; coordinates work flow of assigned payrolls
20% - Verifies pay documents and calculations submitted by district departments, calculates and processes deviations from standard pay; sets up and verifies garnishments and tax levies
15% - Analyzes, researches and resolves payroll issues; coordinates with other departments as needed 10% - Works with Human Resource Management System technical processes and systems; acts as a technical advisor for payroll related matters; maintains high degree of knowledge on technical aspects of payroll
5% - Responds to inquiries from employees and outside agencies including internal and external auditors and governmental agencies; prepares written correspondence as needed; maintains a high degree of fiduciary responsibility; other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and two years of fiscal support experience related to area of assignment.
High school diploma/GED and four years of fiscal support experience related to area of assignment. There is no substitute or equivalency allowable for a HSD/GED.
- Five (5) or more years of full payroll processing experience (including, but not limited to, data entry, overpayments, spreadsheets, multi-state taxes, pay adjustments, termination payouts, contracts, and non
U.S. citizen taxation)
- Experience working with federal and state guidelines, including tax regulations, calculations, and payroll reporting
- Experience working with an electronic time and attendance system
- Experience working with nonresident alien requirements, status, and taxation
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System
- Experience working with the Arizona State Retirement System
- Experience with garnishments, tax levies, and child support orders
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter or do not include detailed employment history information will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before Tuesday, April 10, 2019 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Please mention you found this job on Jobing.com