Liquidity Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Liquidity Services, inc.
- LSI Corporate
- Travel Required
Every organization has surplus – assets or inventory no longer required. Liquidity Services (NASDAQ: LQDT) works with clients to ensure surplus is intelligently transformed from a burden into a liquid opportunity that fuels the achievement of strategic goals. Our superior service, unmatched scale, and ability to deliver results enable us to forge trusted, long-term relationships with over 12,000 clients, including Fortune 1000 and Global 500 organizations as well as government agencies. With nearly $8 billion in completed transactions, over 3.5 million registered buyers, and reach into almost 200 countries and territories, we are the proven market leader in delivering smart surplus solutions.
Liquidity Services operates in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and vibrant workplace. We’re looking for team members who enjoy working in a fast-paced, relaxed environment – a place where you’ll be challenged and empowered to perform. Our core values – which include integrity, customer focus, relentless improvement, innovation to support leadership, and mutual trust and accountability – drive our individual and corporate success.
Liquidity Services (LS) is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing accurate and efficient processing of payroll for our North America-based employees. This role is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of all North America LS payroll functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure North America payroll is processed regularly, accurately and timely
• Develop and control all functions, policies and procedures necessary to accomplish the organizations objectives for accurate and timely payroll processing in the US
• Proactively work to identify process improvements and gaps and implement solutions. Manage system enhancements and collaborate with the HRIS team to integrate data flow between core HR and payroll
• Responsible for corporate payroll communication and implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures for payroll processing, timekeeping, and all payroll functions
• Ensure collaboration with internal and external customers and service providers regarding processing, accuracy and integration functionality
• Overall management and analysis of payroll operations and related activities that maintain effective internal controls and ensure compliance with payroll regulations
• Responsible for quarterly/annual/other payroll reports and annual 401k audits with Internal Audit and outside auditing firm
• Collaborate with Benefits Department on all 401k transactions and internal external audits and filings
• Prepare, review, and submit the monthly, quarterly, and year-end journals to Corporate Finance for posting to the general ledger
• Partner with Corporate Finance to audit accrual and suspense accounts
• Ensure all payroll taxes including withholding, unemployment, and workers’ compensation premiums are submitted timely
• Accurate and timely year-end processing
• Capture and resolve all employee inquiries and complaints
• Project work as required
• Manage team of 3
• Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance, or business experience equivalent, with minimum 10 years of experience in payroll with increasing levels of responsibility and management at a large multinational company
• Certified Payroll Professional certification required
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Strong systems capability. Oracle HCM experience is a plus
• Complete knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel skills
• Extensive hands-on experience writing reports and extracting filtered data from payroll systems
• Strong leadership, project management, change management and mentoring skills
• Ability to support various audits and reviews, including external business auditors and state and federal agencies
• Knowledge and ability to manage the payroll tax function in a full service environment
• Highly motivated, detail oriented, dependable, timely and organized
• Ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities, meet deadlines and thrive under the pressure of time constraints while maintaining accuracy, focus and attention to detail
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.