Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SAP HR/Payroll Specialist
at Kansas City Southern Railway
This position is responsible for maintaining the SAP HR/Payroll and the SuccessFactors talent suite. The role supports US and Mexico employee populations and is responsible for developing efficient, well-structured, well-documented technical solutions for KCS HCM processes. This role influences best practice approaches for the business to consider. It implements and delivers processes, services and procedures that are aligned to industry best practices and considered value added, measurable, directly tied to business unit objectives and aimed at increasing employee success and satisfaction.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Understands how applications support HCM business processes and applies this knowledge to solve defined business problems.
- Designs and delivers high quality solutions through system configuration and/or requesting technical development that meet overall business requirements.
- Maintains, administers and supports system readiness for the hybrid solution for Talent Management, powered by SAP SuccessFactors and SAP ECC HR/Payroll applications.
- Provides Level 3 support while implementing foundational improvements to KCS processes and data in SAP HR and SuccessFactors (primary module is Employee Central).
- Provides guidance to vendors providing SAP support in handling system issues through problem identification and resolution.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience in SAP
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Functional Background with cross-module experience including understanding of integration points across SuccessFactors modules (key module is Employee Central), SAP On Premise (HCM), and Middleware (HCI, MuleSoft, Axway, Informatica, etc).
- Middleware experience with SAP Hana Cloud Integration (HCI/CPI) in standard, package and custom iFlows Interfaces along with using WebUI/Eclipse.
- Excellent understanding on Message mapping techniques like XSLT Mapping, XML mapping etc
- Hands on experience on writing Groovy Scripts or Java Scripts on HCI/CPI.
- Hands on experience configuring SF Adapter, SFTP and SOAP adapter to exchange messages between sender and receiver.
- Advanced Excel skills and demonstrated ability of analyzing and presenting data.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and comfort working with complex datasets.
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- SuccessFactors certified associate in Employee Central (Preferred)
- Breadth of experience working with additional SuccessFactors modules including Compensation, Learning, PM/GM, Succession Planning
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Mexico work experience
- Prior Railroad experience
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.