John Knox Village
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CMT Assisted Living (8 hr shift), PT Evenings
at John Knox Village
Every Other Sat/Sun
Certified medication technician is specially trained to set up medications, administer them to the proper residents/customers and document administration in the medical record. Functions under the supervision of professional nurse within parameters of State approved credentialing. Responsible for supervising or providing direct patient care. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Timely and accurately assembles and administers medications to the residents/customers using established procedures.
- Accurately maintains medical records under the supervision of the Nurse.
- Performs minor treatments within the scope of practice of a CMT.
- Maintains the required type and amount of drug supply for residents/customers.
- Accurately and timely completes required documentation of nursing care to meet all state and Village requirements.
- Observes resident/customer and reports problems/changes to the supervising nurse.
- Performs the functions of a Certified Nurse Assistant when requested.
- Acts as first responder in emergency for residents/customers as needed.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
- This job requires a combination of education, training and/or experience that would typically be acquired through a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have current MO Certified Medication Technician.
- Valid driver’s license
- Current CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Intermediate level knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Required to drive from one location to another if necessary for services provided through the department.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job demands include maximum occasional lift of 75 lbs from waist to waist level (in emergency situations only); maximum occasional lift of 25 lbs from floor to 38 inches
- Maximum occasional carry of 5 lbs 100 ft
- Maximum frequent push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 36 inches height for 100 ft; maximum frequent push/pull horizontal of 40 lbs at 47 inches height for 15 ft
- Maximum occasional grip force of 40 lbs; maximum continuous lateral pinch force of 5 lbs
- Maximum frequent forward reach of 34 inches; frequent bend
- Continuous fine motor coordination; occasional foot coordination; occasional balance
- Occasional sitting; continuous standing; and continuous walking.
Under the supervision of LPN or RN on duty or on call
May provide work direction to Certified Nursing Assistants. May be in charge in absence of supervising nurse.
* MUST BE ABLE TO WORK THE FOLLOWING 2-WEEK SCHEDULE *
Week 1: Sun
Week 2: Sat/Fri
2:30p - 11p
Post-offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com