Tucson Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Associate - Benson Hospital
at Tucson Medical Center
Benson Hospital Position Description
Job Title: HR Associate Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources and Marketing Director
Provides support to all staffing functions by posting jobs and coordinating and facilitating
the new hire process. Refers applicants to specific job openings, schedules interviews,
may pre-screen applicants for the Director, ensures all paperwork and licenses and
certificates are obtained and validated for all employees. Coordination of meetings and
conferences, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Will also,
answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive
information. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified
workload requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional
manner when dealing with the public.
1. Receives and reviews applications to ensure completeness and eligibility for hire
2. Schedules applicant travel and completes relocation reimbursements.
3. Conducts reference checks and processes criminal background investigations on
4. Maintains, reviews and data entry for employment applications.
5. Coordinates and maintains the traveler contracts by tracking the hiring, resigning,
and termination of contract staff.
6. Coordinates and tracks the sign-on bonus, referral bonus program, and related
incentive programs; maintains related records, documentation and payouts.
7. Reviews personnel requirements and checks files for qualified candidates.
8. Provides general administrative assistance in recruitment to include scheduling
appointments, meetings, and functions as needed and sending information to
9. Administers or coordinates validated pre-employment tests.
10.Maintains productivity reports detailing numbers or a variety of measures for
work completed per day, week, or other designated time.
11.Maintains follow up logs and/or files to monitor progress of projects and notifies
supervisor when projects are behind schedule.
12. Participates in career days, open houses, and other activities to attract qualified
pg. 2 HR Associate Updated: ADickey 03/2019 Approved HR: ADickey
13. Facilitates benefits information upon employee eligibility and assist in the open
enrollment process. Maintains and reviews employee benefit files.
14.Maintains application files for employment and transfer.
15. Responsible for monitoring associate license and certification renewals.
16. Reconciles monthly insurance bills to associate payroll deductions.
17. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
18.Maintains and updates filing system for the Human Resource Department.
19. Adheres to Benson Hospital organizational and department-specific safety,
confidentiality, values policies and standards.
20. Assist in the articulation of Organization’s desired image, assure consistent
communication of image throughout the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical
school. Experience may substitute for education.
2. Two (2) years of administrative support or human resources experience in a team
environment. Must have experience with general administrative processes.
3. Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the employment
process, including applicable regulatory requirements.
4. Skill in handling multiple projects and organizing tasks to ensure attention to
5. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
7. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
8. Ability to listen and accurately interpret others' communication or instructions to
take appropriate action.
9. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
10. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
11. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
12. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of
that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
pg. 3 HR Associate Updated: ADickey 03/2019 Approved HR: ADickey
and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with
hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed
to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of
the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.