Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefits Technician - Education Center
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: J
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This is a specialized administrative class that requires incumbents to have functional knowledge in multiple benefits areas. Incumbents are responsible for processing and providing routine benefits information for employees, preparing and monitoring benefits related reports. Incumbents are required to understand and use limited discretion in applying laws, rules, regulations and policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and four years of human resources experience, OR Associate’s Degree and two years of human resources experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· None Required.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Customer service principles;
· Recordkeeping principles and practices;
· Modern office practices;
· Automated human resources information systems;
· Applicable laws affecting human resources operations;
· Basic principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Operating computers and applicable software;
· Preparing reports;
· Compiling and analyzing data and information;
· Providing customer service;
· Maintaining a variety of records and logs;
· Handling sensitive and confidential issues;
· Performing employment verifications;
· Using modern office equipment;
· Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, and procedures;
· Processing paperwork in an efficient manner;
· Analyzing and interpreting data and information;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: finger dexterity, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Job Contact Information
|Name||Susan "Lindie" Evans|
|Title||Director - Payroll|
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)