Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefits Specialist - District Office
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: Support Exempt F
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Benefits Specialist position requires incumbents to have specialized knowledge in the benefits area. Incumbents are responsible for monitoring and providing oversight and correction for processes and are required to understand and use discretion in applying laws, rules, regulations and policies as well as performing problem solving. Incumbents work closely with providers and employees to resolve benefits issues. Incumbents provide guidance and direction to other Benefits staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Associate’s Degree and four years of human resources experience including two years in benefits coordination; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· None Required.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Basic accounting and mathematics;
· Customer service principles;
· Recordkeeping practices and procedures;
· Applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations related to benefit programs;
· Insurance principles related to employee benefits.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Using a computer and related software applications;
· Solving problems;
· Performing multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Administering employee benefit packages;
· Analyzing and compiling information;
· Developing reports;
· Providing customer service;
· Maintaining records;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: finger dexterity, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)