Frontwave Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Frontwave Credit Union
FrontwaveCredit Union is Now Hiring!!!
We are seeking a Training Specialist to join our team! If you enjoy helping others and have the ability to train technical skills, along with financial operations experience, this job may be for you!
AboutFrontwave Credit Union
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with 87,000 members and manage over $820 million in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer solutions to provide our members and the communities we serve with products and services that enhance the quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the progressive application of technology.
The Training Specialist is responsible for conducting various standardize training programs to support the needs, requirements, and organizational initiatives of the credit union.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies, procedures and business practices.
TRAINING DELIVERY: DELIVERS EMPLOYEE ONBOARDING, SYSTEM, AND OPERATIONAL TRAINING TO BOTH NEWLY HIRED AND TENURED EMPLOYEES IN ALL AREAS OF THE CREDIT UNION TO INCREASE JOB RELATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Provides individualized distance-based training requiring travel to branch locations
- Prepares and ensures updated supporting materials.
- Reviews training program curriculum periodically to ensure accuracy of content.
- Evaluates trainees performance and progress through observation and verbal questioning.
- Provides feedback and direction to trainees to facilitate development of desired knowledge and skill.
- Flexibility to support any learning event as needed.
- Adapts classroom instruction, gauging learners needs and comprehension to meet desired learning outcomes and adding engagement opportunities.
- Completes all logistical tasks needed to effectively conduct a training session. This includes ensuring that appropriate participant and workshop materials are available, setting up classrooms for training sessions, configuring IT equipment and ensuring a welcoming environment for training participants.
EVALUATES EFFECTIVENESS OF DELIVERED TRAINING PROGRAMS BY IDENTIFYING AND ASSESSING LEARNING OUTCOUNES; MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENTS
- Partners with subject matter experts to understand aspects of policies, procedures, systems or skills requiring instruction.
- Partners and collaborates with LI Leadership Team in development and revision of appropriate training materials for training classes.
- Provides recommendation to tailor and/or customize training materials.
- Conducts pre-training surveys to determine training needs and post-training surveys to gauge the effectiveness of the training.
- Prepares written materials in the form of job aids or handouts.
PERFORMS A VARIETY OF ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS RELATED TO THE TRAINING FUNCTION
- Maintains records necessary with respect to the progress, performance, and attendance of trainees in LMS.
- Prepares written materials in form of job aids, guidelines, or handouts related to all assigned training curriculum.
- Orders training area supplies, as needed.
- Collaborates and partners with LI Leadership Team in the scheduling of classes and workshops and maintains training records for submission to monthly Board of Director reports.
- Assigns employees to the appropriate learning plans in the LMS.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of two years operational or lending experience in a credit union or similar financial institution, with proven presentation skills; preferably in a classroom environment.
* Musthave classroom facilitation experience. Trainings will be 15-20 hours/week.
Whats In It For You
Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place youve ever worked!