Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Specialist II
at Pediatric Associates
Payroll Specialist II
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Checks time and payroll data to ensure correct payment of employees and processes payroll.
REPORTS TO: Reports Directly to the Payroll Manager and Human Resources Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Maintain ADP Payroll & Time and Attendance system; including but not limited to employee setup and troubleshooting.
- Check/update time cards for consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure new managers/supervisors have access to the Time & Attendance system, and verify correct employees are reporting to new manager/supervisor.
- Review payroll transfers, reviews wages changes, positions changes, new hires, terms, FMLA, verifies if employees are salaried for exceptions and etc.
- Uploads and reconcile employee reimbursement from Concur.
- Complete paperwork related to garnishment orders and garnish wages due to child support or IRS intervention and issue garnishment payments.
- Understand multistate payroll and proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process bi-weekly & semi-monthly payroll including sort and distribution of checks. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Backup Payroll Manager for payroll processing and help prepare and issue paychecks (Manuals & Voids).
- Provides assistance to the Payroll Manager in updating necessary payroll forms.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Provides payroll information & handle inquiries by answering questions and requests by employees/managers.
- Review PTO Accruals.
- Assists with entering garnishment and support notice deductions withheld from employee’s payroll checks.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Assists with Implementation of new ADP software/hardware.
- Perform periodic audits of various payroll areas and prepares materials for review.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Train and provide guidance and direction to Payroll staff as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone contact interaction. May require sitting for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High school diploma and preferably an A.A. degree.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: Three years of payroll experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of payroll procedures and practice policies and procedures. Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly. Skill in computer applications and use of calculator. Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly. Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills. Must have excellent communication skills. ADP Workforce Now experience a must.