Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2470
Categories: Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Bilingual Type: N/A
Req # 3097
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Oversees payroll administration. Monitors all payroll tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with external auditors and state and federal agencies.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Plans, coordinates and manages the functions of payroll department.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures relative to payroll administration.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data utilizing ADP Workforce Now.
- Creates internal Processes for reviewing/analyzing and singing off of current payroll processes.
- Stays current and is the subject matter expert for payroll system to achieve alignment of HR related support.
- Ensures paid time off accruals calculate properly.
- Checks payroll data to ensure correct payment of employees and processes payroll.
- Checks time reports for consistency and accuracy.
- Enters sick/personal leave, vacation hours and other hours on exempt timecards.
- Maintains and updates time clock and payroll system.
- Completes bi-weekly audits on manager time cards edits.
- Enters garnishment and support notice deductions withheld from employee’s payroll checks.
- Trains new HR personnel and company management on ADP and payroll policies and procedures.
- Coordinates, leads or assists with set-up of new companies resulting from acquisitions.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting for management.
- Helps employees to understand payroll calculations and deductions, investigates problems and makes appropriate corrections.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Process manual checks as approved by HR Manager and/or HR Director.
- Communicates actively with HR and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audit process by documents and other payroll-related reports upon request.
- Follows up on invoicing, outstanding/unresolved ADP cases.
- Responsible for processing tax amendments through ADP.
- Completes mandatory quarterly multiple worksite report for Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Works closely with the Human Resources department, Finance, Analytics and Physician Services.
- Supervises HR Payroll Specialist.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and practice policies and procedures. Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly. Skill in computer applications and use of calculator. Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly. Must be able to multi-task, organize projects and meet tight deadlines as well as be able to manager your own time effectively. Strong analytical skills are required and the ability to problem solve.
- 5 years of payroll experience
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!