Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1741
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Under the direction of the Director of HR, the HR Generalist will support the day-to-day operation of the HR department. The incumbent leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance organization that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, and goal attainment. The HR Generalist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources department.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Maintains I-9 books and ensure we are compliant
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
- Processes personnel change status forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms
- Inputs new hires in ADP and prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file
- Assists with HR updates to our policies, procedures, and employee handbook
- Serves as a backup POC to worker’s compensation reporting and administrative requirements
- May assist in hiring process by coordinating job posting on PA web site or applicable search engines, reviewing resumes, background/criminal and reference checks, scheduling drug screenings
- Schedules screenings for new providers
- Runs monthly HR reports as required (i.e. performance evaluation, temp hire, termination reports, etc.)
- Performs weekly feed updates to Performance Manager and assists with Performance Manager troubleshooting and training
- Prepares PSCs for employee merit increases
- Verifies incoming bills for Director’s approval
- Maintains scrub orders and supply; creates batches for billing
- Maintains / assigns FOB records; coordinate activation / deactivation of FOBs
- Responds to unemployment claims
- Performs employment verifications
- Orders and maintains supplies for HR department
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Commensurate work experience can be substituted for education.
- PHR preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and theories of employment law. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement and discretion to achieve organizational objectives. Strong interpersonal skills; strong verbal, written and computer skills. Previous experience with FMLA, ADA, Title VII, FLSA and other applicable employment laws such as ERISA is required. Excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment also required.
- Three to five years of Human Resources Generalist experience required in a corporate or business setting, preferably in human resources, personnel or administration, and/or healthcare. The ability to maintain confidential information is required.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!