Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- HR Support
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs a Benefits Coordinator
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 14 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 145 retail locations and 26 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Benefits Coordinator you will be responsible for administering the day to day activities of the group benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans health savings plans, wellness plans and 401k. You will serve as an employee advocate to provide insights and guidance regarding benefit programs and questions.
In long, our Benefits Coordinator are responsible for:
- Monitor and oversee new hire eligibility, status change eligibility, and benefits training notification processes.
- Administer company benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, COBRA, short-term disability, long-term disability, life/accidental death & dismemberment, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, wellness program and 401(k), etc.
- Serve as a liaison with our associates, benefits providers and other third party vendors as necessary.
- Manage and respond to benefit inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Administer life events, National Support Orders, and other tasks dealing with plan administration.
- Perform necessary transactions to ensure accuracy of changes, additions and deletions of benefits in multiple systems.
- Upload eligibility and remittance files while ensuring accuracy of all data uploads.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, Alliance policies and procedures.
- Provide leave of absence administration, including disseminating information to associates, and their leadership.
- Assist in presenting and facilitating meetings to explain benefits to our employees.
- Recommend benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Maintain benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information and build partnerships across the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Intellectual curiosity. Why? What? How? Do you find yourself always wanting to learn more and broaden your knowledge base? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required in lieu of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in group benefits and Leave of Absence administration.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and prior HRIS experience.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!