Casa de la Luz Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Scheduler/Staffing Coordinator
at Casa de la Luz Hospice
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Friday-Tuesday, 8am-5pm
Casa de la Luz is celebrating 20 years or Superior Care and
has grown to become the leader in hospice care services in Southern AZ!
Casa de la Luz Hospice is Seeking a Full Time Medical Scheduler/Staffing Coordinator
Position is Full Time, Friday-Tuesday, 8am-5pm
Excellent Full Time Benefits Available!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our committment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The Medical Scheduler reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for performing staffing functions for all home team LNA visits according to the patient's Plan of Care. The Medical Scheduler is also responsible for staffing all shifts for IPU and Kanmar Place. Additionally, the Medical Scheduler enters visit schedules in electronic clinical record, coordinates coverage for sick calls and changes in patient needs.
- Assign LNA visits according to the patient's Plan of Care.
- Assign LPN visits according to PSS and RN requests.
- Staff IPU and Kanmar Place LNA’s, Caregivers, LPNs and RNs.
- Coordinate/rearrange visit schedules for sick calls and changes in patient needs.
- Accurately enters visit schedules in electronic clinical record and maintains proper documentation of staffing functions.
- Coordinate staffing with home team supervisors and staffing agencies.
- Decision making within the scope of the position responsibilities, includes organizing, planning and prioritization of tasks.
- Provides excellent customer service to clinical staff, patients, families and their caregivers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and agency information at all times.
- Adheres to Casa’s Mission, Core Values and Job non-negotiables.
- Performs other specific projects as required.
- Previous health care experience in staffing preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or with little supervision.
- Must have strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook) are a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent.