Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Manager
at Jersey Staffing
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Madison, NJ
Hiring for a Senior Payroll Manager to process and oversee payroll for roughly 1300 employees on ADP Workforce Now. This individual will have 1 direct report underneath them.
What the Sr. Payroll Manager will be doing:
· Performs all aspects of payroll administration including primary liaison responsibilities with external payroll service provider.
· Prepares, analyzes and transmits payroll data to the payroll service provider electronically.
· Performs complex queries and researches and responds to complex inquiries related to payroll tax, benefits and payroll operations.
· Compiles payroll data and statistics for the calculation of payroll and performs complex analysis.
· Prepares and transmits employee retirement plan and H.S. A. contributions
· Prepares salary and benefit information for the annual tax return (Form 990) and schedules required by auditors for year-end audit.
· Reconciles all payroll G/L accounts timely and accurately.
· Supervises the Payroll Specialist position.
· Works collaboratively with Human Resources to update employee payroll information including new employees, change of status employees, and employee terminations.
· Monitors other employee benefit deductions.
· Maintains all vacation, sick, and personal time off accruals.
· Provides assistance as necessary for all internal and external audits related to payroll.
· Communicates with the University community and outside vendors regarding payroll operations.
Skill / Requirements
Bachelors degree in accounting, business or relevant field. Masters degree and Higher Education experience preferred.
8-10 years of experience in payroll administration including supervisory experience.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other certification preferred.
Experience with ADP Workforce Now required. Experience in the overall design and testing of payroll systems.
Experience with processing payroll for international employees in the US desired.
Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
Understanding of basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen.
Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents. Demonstrated ability to manage highly confidential information.
Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations and laws pertaining to payroll.
Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects and deadlines simultaneously.
This is a Direct Hire position with our Client in Higher Education.