Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll & Benefits Manager
at Jefferson Lines
Jefferson Lines has been providing daily bus service to 14 states across Americas heartland for 100 years! Dedicated to being your employer of choice, we strive to provide you with competitive pay, benefits and a fun, friendly working environment. Join our team and become part of the #1 Bus Experience!
Summary: This position is responsible for managing all processes and communications related to Payroll administration, Benefits administration, and required government and company reporting.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Payroll Administration & Management - prepare and process payroll accurately and timely on bi-weekly basis for 230 multi-state company employees.
- Benefits Administration & Management - manage employee benefit plans, including all plan communication, plan enrollments, and required reporting
- Customer Service/Employee Satisfaction - serve as primary company contact for all employee questions and concerns related to Payroll and Benefits.
- Reporting - complete and assure accuracy of all required government or company reporting concerning Payroll and Benefits.
- Compliance - Maintain records for compliance in all areas of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll Administration & Management
- Accurately prepare and process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, including data entry and editing of information. Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares periodic payroll related analyses, statements and government reports as needed.
- Reviews and updates payroll records (rates of pay, position titles, name changes, workers comp codes, tax profiles, etc.) to ensure the information is accurate and in accordance with appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Understand and implement payroll rules and regulations as outlined within the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Track the approval of salary adjustments and reimbursement claims.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Manage FMLA and other leaves of absences.
- Garnishments processing through Paycom.
- Employment Verification.
Benefits Administration & Management
- Create effective communications to engage and educate employees on the companys extensive benefits, including collaborating on wellness program.
- Manage benefit vendors and annual Open Enrollment process and communications.
- Initiate COBRA letters, and process qualifying events and termination of benefits.
- Promptly and effectively, answer employee questions or concerns related to payroll matters.
- Work with employees regarding their benefits questions, helping them understand all available plans, options, and eligibility.
- Lead new hire payroll and benefit orientation.
- Create materials to promote payroll incentives, and schedule and participate in training sessions for new payroll and benefit programs.
Government & Company Reporting
- Manage compliance with regulatory filings, facilitate annual audits for 401K plans, and assure Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance.
- Compliance with 5500 filing.
- EEO and Affirmative Action reporting.
- Unemployment filings.
- Provide regular and requested company reports.
Jefferson Lines is dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Skill / Requirements
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree or high school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience as a payroll & benefits administrator. Union payroll experience and FPC, CPP or equivalent certification strongly preferred. Experience using Paycom is a plus but not required.
- Undisputed Integrity - makes decisions in the best interest of the company and manages confidential information entrusted to him/her.
- Delivers Results - delivers results by setting and exceeding goals in an environment of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvements.
- Sound Judgment - a levelheaded and mature thinker, respected for providing sound business judgment to problems and providing analytical capabilities that support business decisions.
- Develops People - is respectful and effectively develops the best people to form a highly effective team.
- Interpersonal Skills - able to forge relationships easily with internal and external constituents and projects energy, drive, and enthusiasm in daily interactions.
- Time Management - able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines including the ability to respond to emergencies and crisis situations. Demonstrates an ability to work with limited supervision.
- Understand of and ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as Federal and State safety rules and regulations as they apply to the business.
- Ability to analyze trends, figures, amounts and statistics.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects or controls; and talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.