Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll/Human Resources Assistant (Lakewood)
at Jefferson Hills
Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Payroll/Human Resources Assistant Position Purpose:
As the Human Resources/Payroll Assistant, you will support the day-to-day operations of the HR Department and provide back-up support to payroll processing. Responsibilities include:
- Ensures that all locations use HR related forms and documents.
- Answer incoming phone calls and email requests to the HR department, responds to routine inquires and refers callers/questions to appropriate staff members; provides excellent, timely customer service.
- Assist as needed with on-boarding and HR orientation processes; obtaining employee references, employment verifications, collection and verify new hire documents.
- Enters new hire information and employments status changes (pay changes, promotions or transfers, shift changes, terminations, etc.) into HRIS/payroll system. Monitors and cross checks systems entries for accuracy.
- Assist and backup benefit specialist with data entry of employee information into HRIS system and benefits carrier websites.
- Sets up new employees in various systems including network and facilities access and creating name badges
- Collects employee information for completion of I-9 forms and performs E-verify process within prescribed time frames
- Assists with maintaining employee records, ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- Provides back-up support of payroll processing using UltiPro payroll and HRIS system including data entry, reconciliation, tax information, etc. Runs routine reports. Covers and runs payroll in the event that payroll coordinator is unavailable
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, professionalism and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Works on project teams to prepare for audits and upcoming HR/payroll related projects and events
- High School diploma or GED required; some college or degree strongly preferred
- 1 year of experience working in a busy HR department and/or payroll experience
- Exposure to or experience in employee benefits administration; basic understanding of wage and hour law
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of new employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Demonstrated ability to learn new software and computer systems quickly. Experience with an HRIS system a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with good judgment and professionalism, along with managing multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Maintain confidentiality, accuracy, dependability, and initiative.
- Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match and long and short term disability plans. We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE