Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records/Human Resource Assistant (Lakewood)
at Jefferson Hills
Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Medical Records / Human Resources Assistant Position Purpose:
Medical Records Admin /HR assistant is responsible for maintaining the medical records for Jefferson Hills and supporting various HR functions including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, orienting new staff and records management. This position plays an important role in ensuring the smooth day to day operations of the HR Department and completeness of the Medical Records. . Jefferson Hills provides behavioral health treatment and education programs to children, youth, and families of Colorado. The mission and work we do focus on this population and successful outcomes for making their lives better. Requires awareness of federal and state rules and regulations for medical records. Responsibilities Include:
- Accurate maintenance, organization, and filing of children’s medical records that upholds the rules and regulations set by licensing agencies
- Provides support and assistance in managing the electronic health records.
- Obtains the necessary signatures and paperwork required for time frame rules and regulations and reporting and delinquent or timeliness issues to the responsible Director.
- Awareness and follow-through of all HIPAA regulations as related to medical charting
- Preparing admission charts for new admissions. Complete the medical chart for discharged children.
- Insures medical charts are complete for regulatory audits
- Central point of all release/request of information of children including tracking and documentation of information released
- Keep current in knowledge and updates of federal and state rules and regulations for RCCF facilities, including confidentiality issues surrounding children and CRS 27-65 policies.
- Maintains and publishes reports and documents for the efficiency of the organization.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate and personnel matters
- Maintains various database and spreadsheet files as requested
- Maintains accurate list of open positions by regular follow up with hiring managers
- Posts positions on relevant external sites based on the requirements of the position. Provides applicant tracking and resume flow by position and source.
- Posts open positions weekly internally by compiling an accurate list of openings including hiring manager and shift. Follows up with managers to ensure weekly posting information is accurate. Reviews applications from internal candidates, ensuring that they meet the minimum requirements for the position and communicating with applicants, their current manager and the hiring manager.
- Reviews resumes daily or as needed and forwards qualified applicants to hiring managers
- Receives applicant hiring packets and reviews them to be sure they are complete. Communicates with mangers to gather outstanding information. Refers pending hire packets to appropriate managers for review and approval including alerting them to possible concerns
- Monitors and follows up on background check issues including drug testing, fingerprints/FBI/CBI, transcripts etc.
- Uses applicant resumes and applications to create pay rate recommendations to be reviewed and approved by HR Director.
- Verifies candidate employment by phone or email
- Prepares for new hire orientation by assembling all relevant paperwork, reviewing it for accuracy and completeness.
- Requests and confirms network access for all new hires including Outlook, TIER electronic medical record system, Relias training system, and all other relevant systems.
- Files all HR documents in the appropriate employee file promptly and accurately
- Ensures records in files are in compliance with state, federal and regulatory requirements
- Tracks missing records and follows up with employee and employee’s manager, escalating to Director as needed.
- Maintains employee medical records in compliance with HIPAA and other relevant regulations
- Maintains log of approved drivers and distributes that information to appropriate managers
- Conducts periodic audits on OIG, I-9, licensing for professional clinical staff, driver’s licenses, etc.
- Follows up with employees or managers to ensure documents are received in a timely manner. Purges files in compliance with state, federal and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains files for active and terminated employees, contractors, medical professionals, medical students, interns and volunteers. Coordinates volunteer process with onsite administration.
- Assist with preparation for licensing, DYC and any other regulatory inquiries or audits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a culturally and socioeconomically sensitive environment for children/youth.
- Follows all Jefferson Hills Policies and Procedures, particularly but not limited to confidentiality, dual relationships, Corporate Compliance, Code of Conduct, and physical and sexual abuse reporting.
- Successfully completes all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Follows and enforces all Jefferson Hills’ Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to confidentiality, sexual harassment/harassment, dual relationships, physical and sexual abuse reporting, Corporate Compliance and Code of Ethics.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment
- Jefferson Hills mission is to provide intensive treatment for children and youth with significant behavioral health issues, including physical and sexual abuse, depression, including suicide, and family issues.
- Position is conducted in an office environment, sitting most of the time
- Approximately 80% of this position duties requires a computer
- Jefferson Hills operations are at 421 Zang Street in Lakewood. Travel should be minimal.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should meet and demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality. Creates and revises systems and procedures
- Communication and public relations - the individual is able to deal with confidential information, difficult customer relation issues, and has experience using social media in a business setting
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Experience in recording, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings
- Information technology – the individual is proficient in Advanced Word, Excel, spreadsheets, electronic medical record systems, development of reports
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently, handling multiple tasks and projects
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail, and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal positively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Safety and security of the children and families we serve, staff, and the community is Jefferson Hills top priority.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE