Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at James Avery
The Benefits Manager will lead the departments efforts in advising employees on Benefit Program plan design features through orientations, meetings and one on one sessions. This position will research and recommend new Benefit Program plans and enhancements to current plan provisions. This position will also leverage technology to develop best practices for efficient administration of Benefit Programs including: 401(k) retirement, Medical and Rx (including High Deductible with a Health Savings Account), Life & Accident, Disability, Leave and Occupational Injury.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
· Lead the Benefits Departments efforts in providing consultative guidance to Associates on the features of the James Avery Benefit Program including, but not limited to, retirement plans, health & welfare plans, occupational injury plans and federal and corporate leave plans.
· Lead the cross functional human resource team effort to develop benefit program orientations, meetings and other education initiatives in partnership with corporate communications, HRIS, payroll and Associate Relations.
· Develop and implement administrative procedures that leverages technology in order to improve efficiency and accuracy of the department.
· Lead the implementation of new Benefit Program plans and vendors. This includes researching new meaningful plans, vetting vendors through RFP process, recommending plan design considerations and serving as a key resource during the implementation and communication phases.
· Serve as a resource for Associates who are working with existing Benefit Program vendors on complex issues.
· Lead the execution of 401(k) and Health and Wellness initiatives and events.
· Research compliance and industry changes and recommend plan design or administrative changes.
· Observe all safety regulations; participate in safety training; report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate company personnel.
· Adhere to Company policies including but not limited to the Attendance Guideline, Freedom from Harassment and Employee Discount Guideline
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Four-year degree and three to five years of applicable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
· Ability to travel 25% to manufacturing and corporate facilities in Kerrville, Comfort, Fredericksburg and Hondo, Texas required.
· Ability to support manufacturing second shifts during non-business hours required.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide exceptional customer service required.
· Prior Supervisory experience preferred.
· Must be able to meet conflicting employment guidelines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
· Pass a background check as well as an alcohol, controlled substance, and illegal drug screen that meets Company standards before beginning regular employment. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
· Ability to meet on a consistent basis the driving record requirements of the Companys auto insurance carrier.