Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Specialist
at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
We’re not just another insurance company. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, we build on our strength and character. We are committed to our local communities and offer many great opportunities for our employees to impact the community either on the job or through individual contributions. The experience of knowing you’ve made a difference is what we are about.
Currently we are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team. This role is vital to our organization as the primary function is to ensure our employees receive correct compensation in a timely manner. We require excellent customer service skills coupled with solid attention to detail. In addition, professionalism and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material is required to be successful in this position.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Accurately calculate commissions, overtime, deductions, bonuses and more
- Develop data and various reports as needed by internal and external clients
- Work on projects which can include Ultipro software enhancements
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Monitor, audit and reconcile accounts
- Troubleshoot and resolve general ledger and payroll issues or errors
- Assist employees with pay sensitive questions or concerns
- At least 5 years of payroll or related experience preferably with a mid-sized company
- BS degree in accounting, finance or related discipline is preferred but not required
- Must be very comfortable using Microsoft Office products
- High preference for experience with Ultipro software
- Extremely comfortable and confident in developing ad-hoc reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll, federal and state regulations
- Proven experience working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality