Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Educator
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
We make it a priority to hire and nurture the very best health care professionals. Due to agency growth we currently have an opening for an RN Educator role within our Education Department.
Our educators are leaders who work collaboratively with leadership to create policy and shape our organization in what it is – top notch! They demonstrate the knowledge, problem solving skills, and patience to mentor our clinical professional and paraprofessional field staff.
- Identify learning needs for groups of learners i.e. - uses data such as regulations, conducts interview or survey’s
- Design education to fit identified need(s); write learner objectives using educational principles, involve key stakeholders and produces a written plan.
- Choose and conduct education using a variety of strategies (examples: online, course, discussion, group activities) that fits objectives.
- Check effectiveness of education provided by utilizing competency verification methods. Seeks learners feedback.
- Adjust education based on findings, data, new regulations.
- Change management; Identify when change is occurring. Implement basic change management theory where appropriate. Participate in agency committee or projects as assigned. Bring back committee results and make recommendation for changes in education department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilization of electronic health record (EHR) utilized by groups taught. Teach use of EHR utilizing established curriculum. Make revisions to curriculum if necessary. Participate in testing upgrades of those programs.
- Design and implement orientation for groups served. Create and oversee the orientation schedule and preceptor assignment. Document and determine the new staff have completed all of the components of orientation. Collaboratively develops orientation performance improvement plans for Individuals with supervisor.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN required
- Current WI RN license
- 1 year of home care or hospice experience OR 3 years experience as an nurse
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle