Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the processing of payroll; updating, and maintaining the Payroll in ADP as well as the maintenance of the time and absence system in Workday; and keeping of payroll related employee records for corporate and field offices.
· Manage bi-weekly payroll processing, review and transmittal of payroll
· Handle wage assignments per court order through the use of the payroll system, provide accurate precise withholdings info not to exceed the individuals disposable earnings per the consumer credit protection act
· Ensures that payroll is performed accurately and issued on a timely basis to all employees in compliance with strict deadlines without exception
· Reviews time system for adherence to payroll policies and procedures
· Resolves discrepancies and errors as required
· Provide excellent customer service to employees by responding to general inquiries regarding payroll information
· Prepare and report biweekly general ledger interface (GLI) to finance and balance period end adjustments as needed
· Compile reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
· Management of employee payroll files
· Maintain close communications with local HR Managers/TeamManagers
· Process improvement and audit measures associated to payroll
· Establishes and implements payroll policies and processes, including training materials and communications with input from stakeholders
· Partners with HR Managers and HR Coordinators in all offices
· Attend, at a minimum, annual payroll webinar/seminar to keep current with local, state and federal regulations and accepted practices
· Performs all other related tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; a Bachelors degree is preferred
- 3-5 years experience, preferably multi state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi tasking and prioritizing skills
- ADP WorkforceNow experience preferable
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!