Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Education Specialist, Clinical Onboarding
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our Education Specialist – Clinical Onboarding is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. The Education Specialist plays an integral role in getting new clinical staff oriented to go throughout the hospital and provide exceptional patient care. We offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team… please apply today.
What You’ll Do
The Education Specialist – Clinical Onboarding is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work collaboratively with the education team on global hospital education initiatives
- Assist in supporting facility-wide operations by consistently and effectively teaching and modeling HMC’s Behavior and Performance Standards
- Plan, organization, and execution of education/training programs as identified through needs assessment, quality improvements initiatives, and implementation of new products and technology
- Maintain confidentiality with all information
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required, Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as an RN in a hospital setting
- Current valid OK State Professional Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS certification
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Ability to interact in an effective and encouraging manner with a variety of learners (both individually and in groups);
- Ability to learn and teach concepts in an organized and meaningful manner
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization, knowledge of Epic a plus!
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
OK RN License
BSN Required (MSN preferred)
Minimum 2 years of RN experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.