Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Workplace Trainer
US OH Columbus
Digital Workplace Trainer
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
The Digital Workplace Trainer is a highly visible team member within the organization, working directly with IT and end users to deliver trainings and training materials while empowering the end user community with resources to enable the business. Strong communications skills and leadership qualities are key to successful planning, execution, adoption of new technologies when introducing to the end users. Advocate the digital transformation in the business community with creative and easy to comprehend materials. Able to connect and collaborate with technical and business users to achieve results.
- Enable and champion the delivery of a secure Modern Workplace across Hexion. Oversee and shape the end user experience to ensure our technology is empowering people to do their best work possible.
- Be a visible advocate of digital transformation and promote greater digital collaboration within the business. Drive up digital literacy and evangelize new technologies and systems in order to inspire and lead change.
- Maintain perspective and track emerging technologies to ensure Hexion is able to plan for future adoption.
- Maximize our return on existing technology investments through identifying unused and emerging opportunities to extract value.
- Produce and deliver information to stakeholders on how to leverage modern tools and enable the organization to utilize the technology portfolio
- Partner with other IT functions to assist in planning and executing training within their areas
- Creating training documentation and publishing to portal
- Review / approve training programs proposed by service provider
- Training could be for a live audience, virtual, written, and video snippets
- Assist with the analysis and identification of emerging technologies and advanced solutions (process changes and system enhancements) to eliminate problems, improve user effectiveness, and improve system accuracy
- Develop and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies, programming languages, and hardware/software best practices
Thinks from the Future
Works with Velocity
Focuses on the Customer
- Strong analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in training-related field
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large audiences from various levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in digital workplace or other relevant areas
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate within a matrix environment
- Expertise in Cloud & SaaS/PaaS Technology
- A passion for Digital Transformation and Embracing Technology
- Experience presenting and speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possess a power user understanding of SharePoint, Office 365 and other related technologies power user understanding of SharePoint, Office 365 and other related technologiespower user understanding of Office 365 and other related technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional influencing and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and think logically and clearly in challenging situations
- Previous experience in a managed service environment a plus