Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under occasional supervision, the Human Resource Specialist is responsible for supporting Business Partners in the day to day HR functions. Successful execution of these functions and partnership with the Business Partners will enable the Banks/Affiliates to achieve their goals.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide excellent support to the HR Business Partners and their Member Banks with tasks such as coordination, data entry, processing in the HRIS, and coordinating initiatives (examples performance management and goal setting tracking, etc).
2. Provide meeting logistics and calendar support to HRBP.
3. Research questions and interpret policies as requested by the HRBP.
4. Process improvement! If it can be better, make it better.
5. Handle day to day HR data transactions for timely submission.
6. Under direction of the HRBP Develop and manage communications regarding organizational structure changes, employment-related news, and HR-related programs and policies.
7. Responsible for report generation to include, but not limited to employee termination reports, open requisition report, time to fill, etc.
8. Conducts research analysis and reporting in addition to daily tasks as requested
9. Reviews the awaiting tasks report in Workday and sends HR reminders to managers
10. Coordinates employee data changes in Workday to include: internal transfers, terminations, salary, location and manager changes, etc.
11. Assist HRBP with new hire orientation preparation
12. Sends candidate pre-and post adverse action letters
13. Coordinates the I-9 and E-verify process
14. Administer Tuition Reimbursement - based on market
15. Code and process invoices for the region
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree (BA or BS)
2. 3-5 years of administrative support experience, preferably in a human resources department.
3. Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
4. General knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to employment and general personnel practices preferred
5. High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
6. Experience HRIS systems, Workday preferred
7. Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving skills
8. Proven ability to multitask in an environment with competing priorities
9. Ability to operate independently while working in a matrix environment
10. Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
11. Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
12. Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
1. PHR/SHRM CP a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will