Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Line Risk Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Business Line Risk Manager works closely with line leadership and the Chief Risk officer to facilitate the effective management of risks at first line of defense. This includes identification and assessment of risks, design and maintenance of controls, and coordination of corrective action/responses by the business line to unacceptable levels of risk for dedicated area(s). It includes periodic reporting on the business unit’s risks. The role provides subject matter expertise for risk-related issues arising from the area’s sales, services, products, or operations while implementing the global risk framework, and will be involved in the business unit’s 3rd party risk and model risk management activities.
1. Acquires and maintains a deep understanding of the objectives, activities, risks, and controls for the area(s) supported.
2. Identifies risks and performs risk assessments. Identifies and maintains an inventory of all the major risks in the area, and applies the standard ERM framework and risk taxonomy to them.
3. Monitors the effectiveness of controls.
a.Evaluates inherent risk, control effectiveness, and residual risk after controls.
b.Identifies gaps and opportunities for enhancement of controls.
c.Maintains a current inventory of controls. Assures that they are properly updated and approved by relevant governance processes and the Board.
d.Engages with senior management in the unit on the design of policy, procedure and controls. Assists in their development or enhancement, to include writing the documents in some cases.
4. Creates and reports on identified risks and effectiveness of controls.
a.Identifies metrics that can be used as Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and their limits and tolerances
b.Provides reports and guidance to management within the unit and submits data to the ERM aggregation function.
5. Coordinates within the unit on corrective action or response management needed for risk management issues.
a.Facilitates, coordinates and administers, to help ensure that the unit stays on-task and on-time, and that the response provided will be acceptable for meeting the risk management needs.
b.Develops recommendations for improving internal controls.
c.Creates and maintains appropriate documentation of processes and procedures.
6. Oversees 3rd party risk management administration within the unit.
a.Gathers information and prepares 3rd party risk assessments and control analyses.
b.Ensures proper vendor risk ratings through the administration of periodic vendor reviews, maintaining ticklers, preparing review plans, and the timely and quality completion of review plans.
7. Addresses questions and provides training, as needed.
Secondary & Nonessential Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in related field(e.g., Finance, Business, Accounting, Risk Management) or equivalent combination of education and job experience
2. 5-7 years of experience in the line of business to be supported or transferable experience within a bank.
3. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
4. Ability to manage duties independently, with limited supervision
5. Ability to communicate with, and provide training to, employees at all levels of the organization
6. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
7. Strong written and oral communications skills
8. Strong organizational skills
9. Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will