Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Technician -- Full-time @ $17 HR!!
at Hacienda HealthCare
Summary: Organize and coordinate the Dietary Department's clinical program. This is a safety sensitive position.
1. Daily job duties:
a. Manual or computer input of new admits, diet and room changes, supplement
additions, or deletions or changes and discharges.
b. Computer printout of tray cards for each meal or manual update of tray cards.
c. MDS and initiate Nutritional Risk Reviews per care plan list.
d. Lab information collected daily and sorted for intervention.
e. Attend Care Plan Conferences.
2. Weekly job duties:
a. Food preference interviews and Nutritional Screening: enter preferences into computer
or add manually to tray cards.
b. Monitor skin assessment flow sheets for change in pressure injuries. Obtain weekly skin
c. Weekly weights monitored and collect data for RD on significant gain or loss per
Dietitian's Best Practice Guidelines.
d. Menus copied for residents who request a copy.
e. Visit residents with food complaints.
f. Update nourishment list weekly and give copy to Nursing.
g. Update diet count for production staff.
h. Prepare for and participate in Nutrition at Risk Meeting for each unit.
i. Keep Nutrition Intervention Manual up to date for RD visit.
3. Monthly job duties:
a. Per Dietitian's Best Practice Guidelines, start Nutritional Risk Review of residents with
tube feedings/TPN. Dietitian to complete.
b. Collect data on residents with pressure injuries, dialysis and nutritionally scored high risk
residents per Dietitian's Best Practice Guidelines.
c. Collect data on significant weight variance on weekly, 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months
basis per Dietitian's Best Practice Guidelines.
d. Prepare quality assurance clinical reports and attend quality assurance meeting.
e. Complete tray card audit against physician's diet orders.
4. Quarterly Job Duties
a. Do satisfaction surveys and summarize.
5. Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Dietary Manager.
6. The Clinical Manager and or Diet Technician Registered should provide the community with their current licenses and record of continuing education.
7. A competency checklist should be completed by the RD on the Clinical Manager and/or DTR to assure competency in order for them to do clinical documentation.
8. Must attend all training sessions required by the company
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two-year degree/certificate (DTR) and registration.
- Completion of State-approved food service management course, or diet technician course, or presently enrolled in a program.
- Experience in healthcare setting is preferred.
- SNF or ICF experience is a plus
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Undergraduate and graduate studies (job related)
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation- Generous accrual based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Holidays- Six paid holidays based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.