Great Local Employer
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Local Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - ALL CATEGORIES
Title: Payroll Analyst
Type: Full-Time / Permanent Opportunity
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- The Payroll Analyst, as part of the core payroll team, is responsible for timely and accurate processing, balancing, auditing and completion for all assigned pay processing groups (pay groups).
- Responsible for uploading and troubleshooting files containing earnings, deductions or payroll memo related data which span more than one pay processing groups (pay groups) and coordinates this process with other payroll team members and assist with balancing and processing.
- Process payroll changes (new hires, terminations, direct deposit changes, tax changes, pay changes, retros, etc.)
- Process special requests and/or interim checks
- Works collaboratively with payroll management and team members to modify and enhance payroll tools necessary to meet organizational control and documentation requirements.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and integrity in all aspects of their work.
- Responsible for training all new staff members in the steps and tools necessary to meet the organizational requirements as needed.
- Completes review of all NOC and returned direct deposits for resolution.
- Works with payroll management in the implementation of new software functionality, best practices and organizational.
- Assist in payroll activities for the organization’s merger/acquisition initiatives.
- Responsible for maintenance of payroll process documentation.
- Participates as needed in various audits as required by the organization.
- Accurately and timely responds to business data needs creating Ad Hoc reports or participates in formal report creation as needed.
- Supports and assists the Payroll Tax analyst with quarter and year-end processes.
- Responsible for processing and management of wage attachments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 + years’ experience in a large payroll department
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- payroll, employment and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines
- pre-tax and post-tax payroll deductions
- payroll accounting
- prioritization and regulatory compliance of processing creditor garnishments, child support, administrative wage garnishments, and tax levies (state and federal) required.
- multi-state payroll including Puerto Rico
- Ability to communicate effectively to all employees regarding payroll issues resolution; organize information to avoid missing details; communicate payroll procedures to all levels of the organization
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Software – especially Excel
- Ability to work under time constraints, handle sensitive data and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be a team player
- ADP Vantage or ADP Enterprise strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred