Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at Great Clips
This corporate position includes coaching and consulting with corporate managers and employees, along with developing and implementing various HR initiatives, systems, and policies. Employee relations, talent management, performance management, training, talent acquisition, and working closely with the Director of HR on program development will also fall into the scope of this position.
On your journey, you will have the opportunity to:
* Develop, communicate, coach, and consult on HR policies and procedures for corporate managers and employees to ensure consistency in administration, alignment with organizational goals, and compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, and laws.
o Conducts research related to policies and makes appropriate and timely updates to all corporate policy manuals and handbooks to ensure legal compliance.
o Coordinates the delivery and reporting of the corporate employee engagement survey and consults with managers on plans to improve results.
o Provides support and consulting to corporate managers to settle work-related conflicts in a manner that is congruent with Company values.
o Performs employee relations activities to ensure employee advocacy while minimizing organizational risk.
o Partners with the HR Director on the administration of corporate programs.
* Support the corporate recruitment strategy by participating in processes to attract, hire, and retain a superior workforce with the right skills, motivation, and fit for Great Clips, Inc.
o Partner with the Recruiting Specialist on the execution of the corporate recruiting strategy by participating in activities including candidate interviews and evaluations.
o Consult with hiring managers on talent needs, and assist with job analysis and job descriptions.
o Analyzes metrics related to recruiting and retention results and sets goals to improve.
o Manages the onboarding process and consults with managers to improve processes that will increase new hire satisfaction and retention.
o Support the onboarding process, and consult with managers to improve processes that will increase new hire satisfaction and retention.
* Manage the development, planning, implementation, and administration of the performance management, goal setting, and development programs and provides consulting to ensure managers and employees have the tools and resources needed to manage performance.
o Stays up to date on trends in performance management and ensures our processes are current. Updates program documents, manuals, and online learning.
o Develops performance management forms within online tool and gains approval.
o Manages communication of annual performance management processes and monitors completion.
o Develops, writes and updates job descriptions and competencies.
o Provides coaching and assistance in development plan creation.
o Responsible for keeping the Talent Management system updated on a timely basis with changes in personnel.
o Maintains HR metrics, turnover, open position reports, time to fill, etc.
* Manage the compensation process for internal and external salary statistics.
o Manage the compensation structure, including grades, titles and classification
o Ensure merit, equity and market data is frequently analyzed
o Contribute to the Total Rewards strategy for the organization
* Collaborate on Training and Development design and implement career development tools and processes (functional competencies, career path development)
o Participate in evaluation of training and development programs, ROI metrics and company-wide training needs analysis.
o Utilize internal data and external trends to determine training offerings, content and engagement impact of any corporate training program
o Manage training course completion; HIPAA, Harassment, Safety/OSHA
* Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and/or possess the following:
* Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in the area of Human Resources.
* SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred.
* Strong technical HR skills and proven skills in presenting data and resolving conflicts.
* Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local law affecting personnel practices.
* Knowledge and skill as a super-user or administrator for an HRIS or Talent Management System.
* Skill of determining the appropriateness of candidates for a position through interviewing and evaluating against job requirements, and making hiring recommendations.
* Knowledge of appropriate recruitment vehicles and methods including use of outside recruitment resources.
* Knowledge of written and oral communication skills to initiate professional and effective contact with internal and external customers.
* Problem-solving ability, such as the ability to diagnose problems by separating essential from non-essential variables; ability to utilize appropriate resources to resolve an issue through to resolution.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and demands through to timely completion.
* Ability to resolve conflict and ensure fairness and equity through the application of human resources policies and practices outlined in the employee handbook.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work standard work-week hours in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is some flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There may be an opportunity to travel at least once a year to company meetings and conferences.
* Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
* Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
* Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.