Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Coordinator
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Human Resources Coordinator – Lumberton, NC
We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking an HR Professional to join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, AFLAC, LifeLock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- General Human Resources functions listed below, including some accounting functions such as processing of invoices for payment, interplant billing, and general ledger functions including month end closing assigned location(s).
- Support recruiting efforts by sourcing candidates for entry level roles. This will include posting job requisitions, scheduling and coordinating interviews, preparing offer proposals.
- Support Community Involvement and Wellness initiatives in a variety of event planning and material distribution initiatives.
- Audit employee files to ensure proper documents are included.
- Prepare documentation and submit changes for a variety of different personnel actions (promotions, terminations, leave of absence, etc.).
- Coordinate employee onboarding, including necessary paperwork and new employee follow-up.
- Monitor and keep track of job bids and coordinate with seniority lists for successful bidder
- Conduct incident investigations as needed
- Keep up to date on job postings and bulletin board postings in the plant
- Provide information to employees concerning benefits and company policies.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried non-exempt employees
- Track attendance and pay changes needed for weekly payroll process
- Track FMLA usage and documentation received from outside vendor CIGNA on FMLA process
- Monitor attendance program and issuance of discipline as needed
- Process weekly payroll for hourly employees
- Full-cycle recruiting for hourly employees
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Process A/P and or A/R using automated systems.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all GMP, safety, food safety, SQF, HACCP and food defense procedures (training will be provided)
- Any other reasonable request from management
Ideally the individual that would be a strong fit for this position would have some of the following knowledge/skills and abilities;
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience preferably in manufacturing
- High volume recruiting and onboarding experience
- Employee relations
- SAP knowledge and HR software experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience is strongly preferred but not required for college graduates.
An individual in this position must be able to learn and demonstrate the following skills;
- HR Processes
- Accounting functions
- Customer Service
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years HR experience
- Skills: HR certification is preferred
Essential Job Functions include the following:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Typical hours are 7am – 5pm, 5 days per week
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Physical demands: frequent bending, sitting, lifting, walking
- PPE: must be able to wear safety shoes, hearing protection, eye protection, GMP requirements
- Working environment: Office environment, manufacturing floor presence
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.