Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Athletic Training Intern
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part-time Athletic Training Intern. This position will evaluate student athletes’ physical condition and treat to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition.
National Membership dues, costs for state licensure and certifications paid for by GCU.
- Prevention, assessment and treatment of athletic related injuries sustained by student athletes.
- Develop therapeutic exercise protocols to include proprioception, strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness for injuries sustained by student athletes.
- Effective use of various modalities including heat, cold, sound, and electrical stimulation to promote wound and injury healing.
- Render first aid to student athletes to include wound care and / or life threatening conditions.
- Consult either Director of Sports Medicine or Associate Head AT’s before referral to medical physician as result of injury or illness sustained by student athletes.
- Coverage of teams as assigned by Director of Sports Medicine and their various events hosted by GCU athletic department.
- Follow emergency plans for all venues and manage emergency situations in the event of acute injuries.
- Participate in Pre-Participation Physicals Exams for all student athletes.
- Implement baseline concussion testing for designates athletic teams.
- Provide diet guidelines to promote health and wellness for student athletes.
- Maintain complete medical records of student athletes in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Injury data recording via the Athletic Trainer System program.
- Processing of insurance and billing documents related to student athletes.
- Assist in the department Drug Testing Program.
- Travel with teams as required.
- Coverage of summer camps and tournaments.
- Entry level Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers.
- Current Arizona Licensure.
- CPR, AED Certified.
- Active NATA, RMATA, AZATA membership.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Possesses problem solving, customer service oriented disposition as well as integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrates self-leadership and professionalism.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.