Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Service Center Representative
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon University’s Human Resources team is currently seeking a HR Service Center (HRSC) Representative. The HRSC Representative is the first point of contact for all incoming employee inquiries, issues and concerns. Under direct supervision, the HRSC Representative responds to routine employee inquiries and requests regarding human resources policies and procedures including benefits plans and administration, leave administration, employee relations, payroll and HR applications.
- Provides first tier support to employees with immediate call response. Creates a collaborative, positive experience for all customers of Human Resources and maintains a high satisfaction rate.
- Responds to incoming employee inquiries, assesses employees’ needs and advises and counsels employees appropriately, within University guidelines and within scope of responsibility as defined by the HRSC management team.
- As necessary, gathers information, researches inquiries and logs customer calls.
- Reviews and assesses data and ensures HR information on the employee/HR systems and portals are accurate and informs the HRSC management team of inconsistencies.
- Partners with and supports HR Business Partners on internal administrative procedures and processes as related to human resources policies.
- When necessary and/or as directed, escalates employee inquiries, concerns, complaints to appropriate individuals.
- Assists employees with troubleshooting software navigation issues with regard to self-service and/or HR systems.
- Ensures all information is logged appropriately, and HR transactions are entered correctly into the HR systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field.
- Two years’ prior experience administering HR policies, preferably benefits administration (group health, group life and disability, 401k, workers’ compensation, tuition reimbursement/education assistance, flex spending accounts and employee assistance programs), payroll practices, time off/leave/absence management and policies, and FMLA administration is preferred.
- May consider a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team oriented skills with the ability to work within a highly structured environment.
- Must be able to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor at all times and have the ability to handle difficult situations and customers in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and office machines and other office software such as fax-on-demand services, etc.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com