Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Business Partner
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking an experienced human resources professional with strong generalist and employee relations experience. The HR Business Partner provides HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to business leaders and operates as a trusted partner to the business’ management teams. This position will primarily support departments at GCU’s main campus located near 33rd Avenue and Camelback.
- Partners with a diverse group of business leaders and employees, providing expert HR guidance and resources in order to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Intervenes in complex employee relations issues including investigating formal complaints involving working conditions and discrimination, assessing risk, making recommendations to management for effective resolution and ensuring documentation is sufficient.
- Reviews and approves all corrective actions and terminations within the assigned business units.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identifies and supports management coaching needs.
- Works with business leaders and other support teams such as recruitment, training and development, compliance, benefits, compensation and payroll to implement, interpret and apply University policies.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; 5 years’ experience as a Human Resources generalist/manager with 2 or more years dealing with complex employee relations issues.
- Strong knowledge of all functional areas of HR particularly employee relations, performance management, recruiting, compensation, management development, employment laws and change management.
- Proven record in forging strong relationships with the ability to persuade, negotiate and communicate effectively.
- Self-directed with ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities with accuracy and outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose issues, potential risk to the organization, develop alternative solutions, recommend and implement an effective course of action while exercising good judgment and commitment to fairness and honesty.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and human resource information systems.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com