Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Director of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, administration and oversight of compensation, benefit and wellness programs for both Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and its partner, Grand Canyon University with a combined total of over 11,000 employees (includes 4,000 benefit eligible). This is a key HR leadership role, reporting to the VP of Human Resources, which will contribute to the company’s continued growth and profitability by ensuring that pay structures and benefit plans are cost-effective and remain competitive to attract and retain a quality workforce.
- Lead the design, delivery and administration of all compensation, benefit and HRIS programs and processes.
- In conjunction with the VP, develop long-term strategy for benefits and compensation, evaluate all plans to ensure they are cost-effective, competitive and meet the needs of both the employees and the company.
- Analyze and recommend competitive benefit programs, which are fiscally responsible through assessing benefit needs and market trends; ownership and delivery of annual benefit strategy to executive management.
- Lead the development and implementation of new compensation programs to ensure effective and efficient program delivery. Oversee administration of special compensation programs including DOE-regulated enrollment operations compensation programs and collaborate with leaders to ensure competitive positioning.
- Ensure effective and compelling compensation and benefit training and communications strategies, tools and processes to optimize perceived value, improve employee engagement and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the HRIS (Workday) system, ensuring data integrity, while leveraging technology to optimize internal processes and programs.
- Collaborate with both functional and technical partners to identify innovative, integrated HRIS system solutions to challenges and in support of HR operations and organizational needs.
- Manage and negotiate contracts and relationships with brokers, consultants and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation and benefit related laws and regulations including FLSA, ACA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, ERISA, HIPAA.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with HR team members, Finance, Payroll, IT, Legal and external partners.
- Mentor, train, and manage assigned staff of fourteen with three direct reports (HR Service Center/Benefit Manager, Associate Director of Comp and Workday Team Lead).
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, Master’s degree or relevant certifications (CEBS, CCP or CBP) preferred.
- Successful track record in positions of increasing responsibility within the total rewards, benefits and compensation function, which includes a minimum of 8 years of direct benefits and compensation experience with 3 of those years in a leadership role.
- Solid working knowledge of HRIS systems, with experience managing HRIS resources and optimizing business processes.
- Proven project management skills with a history of leading projects and managing change efforts.
- Must be a highly analytical, flexible, problem solver with exceptional judgement who is adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to function independently and capably manage and navigate multiple priorities in a multi-faceted and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level with senior executives, as well as at a tactical operational level.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com