Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Compensation Manager to perform data collection and analytical activities to support organization compensation programs and initiatives. This role also provides ad-hoc reports, analysis and compensation metrics as well as participate in, conduct, and review salary surveys. Additionally, it will provide HRIS support and assist in compensation related transactions.
- Serves as a professional member of the compensation function team which provides guidance to managers in job classifications and compensation.
- Provides recommendations to Functional Head for grading and leveling of positions relying on analysis of external market data and internal equity data.
- Assists with compiling market salary competitiveness for management
- Participates in designated salary surveys to keep current with market conditions
- Leverage subject matter expertise to advise management, HRBP, finance and legal among others on compensation matters.
- Recommend changes by gathering insights on competitive pay levels and practices contributing to the development of a market competitive compensation program.
- Administers compensation/salary changes according to approved compensation structure.
- Writes/revises job descriptions/classifications/families in collaboration with Human Resources Business Partners for organization.
- Maintains job description library
- Updates job profiles in HRIS system to be utilized for recruiting
- Reviews and maintains all job descriptions to reflect best practices in containing well-articulated essential job functions.
- Conducts salary comparisons to external/internal market as needed in collaboration with Human Resources Business Partners.
- Executes annual merit process, organizing data sheets forward through governance process for approval.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and manage special projects as needed (e.g., leveling, organizational planning, comp strategy, retention, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Human Resources, Business, or Finance.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the analysis and administration of compensation and classification programs working for a company with a minimum employee base greater than 3,500, preferably multistate.
- Advanced level competency in Microsoft Excel (data modeling, visio mapping, charts)
- Demonstrated knowledge of total compensation theory, job classification principles and job evaluation methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of FLSA classification.
- Experience in the collection, analysis and determination of market salary and total compensation data.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills for financial modeling, salary structure design, market benchmarking and job evaluation.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Certification as CCP preferred.
- Certification in FLSA, Job Analysis and Compensation; shows professional development willingness and knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Prefer corporate business experience in HR compensation related function.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com