Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. is currently seeking a Benefits Analyst to join its Human Resources Service Center. Working under minimal supervision and guidelines, the Benefits Analyst responds to questions, concerns and issues escalated by the HR Service Center Representatives, ensuring delivery of accurate, complete, timely and consistent benefit information to HRSC customers. Administers day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account, tuition program and 401(k) plan). Performs a variety of difficult duties requiring critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Assures a collaborative environment that fosters and values partnerships.
- Review and analyze benefit trend data to assist in vendor selection, cost evaluation and benefit plan design concepts.
- Assist employees and the HR Service Center with answering and responding to benefit inquires. This could include health and welfare, 401(k), voluntary, qualifying events, leave assistance and escalated inquiries.
- Working with outside vendors, takes a key role in 401(k) audits and works with finance on the annual 401(k) match calculations
- Responsible for ACA compliance
- Will work closely with the HRIS team on benefit/leave related Workday integrations and reviewing feed errors, when appropriate
- Provides support to the Benefits/HRSE manager through open enrollment, which could include benefit selection and analysis, open enrollment presentations, assist in enrollment guide creation, communications and integration/testing within the HRIS system
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Benefit Administration role, administering policies relating to benefits (group health/dental/vision, group life, employee assistance plans, disability, 401(k), workers’ compensation, education plans, flex spending arrangements and employee assistance programs), payroll and pay practices, time-off policies, FMLA, for in -state and multi-state employees.
- A PHR, CBP or CEBS certification is helpful
- Must have strong body of employee benefit knowledge including various laws and regulations with an ability to demonstrate hands-on application.
- Demonstrate ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities and effectively interface with organizational leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team oriented skills with the ability to work within a highly structured environment; handles difficult situations and customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work within a fast-based environment and under deadline pressure.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software and telephone systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and office machines and other office software such as fax-on-demand services, call center telephone systems, etc.
- Self-starter with good organizational, time management, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluency in writing/speaking Spanish helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com