Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Employment Program
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Are you right for Goodwill?
Our mission to provide jobs and training to people to gain skills and achieve independence is why we do what we do. Our success happens when all team members believe in and support our mission and live by our values every day. If you will contribute to our mission, live our values, and commit to doing your best, please complete this application. If you cannot commit to do all of these things, please stop here and do not complete the application.
With the right team members, we can realize our vision where all people have the opportunity to reach their potential and contribute to our community.
How this role supports our mission:
We believe that through real world work experience, youth develop their skills that will help them succeed in other job positions. Through a contract and funding with Arizona@Work One-Stop, Pima County the YOUTH EMPLOYMENT program places youth ages 16-24 with local employers during the summer or after school to attend training and gain paid work experience. Our Employer-Partners include Saavi, Tucson Botanical Gardens, Reid Park Zoo, and other local employers.
Participants get PAID for 160 or 300 hours of work experience through the Youth Employment program.
What we require from you:
OUT-OF-SCHOOL YOUTH Qualifications:
- Must be 16-24 years of age
- Must be out-of-school and meet Workforce Investment Act (WIA) or Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) criteria, as determined by Pima County during their Intake Process
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) at Pima County office
IN-SCHOOL YOUTH Qualifications:
- Must be 16-21 years of age
- Student enrolled in school (high school, college)
Work Requirements for Successful Completion:
- Ability and willingness to perform all job tasks with a positive attitude.
- Communicate in an honest, polite, and well-intentioned manner.
- Do the right thing.
- Work required hours at the minimum wage rate per hour
- Maintain 100% attendance during employment
- Demonstrate a 90% proficiency of required skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and environments.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; follow written and verbal instruction.
Paid Sick Leave
Company-paid Telemedicine plan
403(b) retirement plan
30% employee discount
Criminal background screenings will be conducted on all eligible candidates. Only convictions that could impact this position will be considered.
We encourage all national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ