Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Manager - Silverlake
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Is this job right for you?
Are you looking for a job where you can improve your skills and get the training you need and want? Are you looking for a job where you can perform well and have opportunities for advancement? Are you looking to be a part of something BIG that positively affects your community?
What benefits do you want?
Vacation Time - Up to 80 hours earned your first full year
Sick Time - Up to 48 hours accrued each fiscal year
My Time Off (MTO) - Up to 88 hours accrued each fiscal year
Medical, dental, & vision insurance after 60 days of employment
403(b) with company match after 1 year of employment
Tuition reimbursement - Reimbursement for courses of study that will directly enhance the employee’s potential for personal and professional growth.
Multiple optional ancillary plans available after 60 days of employment: Including Telemedicine, Short-and Long-Term Disability plans, Life Insurance, Accident insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Assistance, Credit Monitoring, and even Pet Insurance!
20% Employee Discount
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
What you will do:
The Safety Manager is responsible for all activities related to the health and safety program at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona (GISA). This includes overseeing a safety program that creates and support a safe work environment for the employees, consumers, students and customers; develop and provide safety training, adhere to CARF accreditation requirements; analyze and report safety related data; track safety and work order processing.
1. Degree in Business or related field, preferred. Five years of hands on safety program responsibilities may substitute for the degree.
2. A minimum of two (2) years program management experience.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and database systems
4. A current Arizona driver’s license with acceptable driving record (defined by insurance carrier) and current automobile insurance.
5. Ability and willingness to travel throughout our territory.
6. Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to safety functions.
7. Must be highly organized.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate in a timely manner
9. Ability to present training information to a wide variety of audiences and in a variety of formats.
10. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
11. Excellent problem solving skills
12. Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks/responsibilities to meet the needs of Goodwill employees, consumers, clients, donors and customers.
13. Must demonstrate flexibility in handling projects, priorities and effectively manage time constraints.
14. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
We encourage national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ