Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dealer Training Consultant
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
The Dealer Training Consultant is responsible for contributing to the creation, development, and the delivery of dealer educational programs to meet specific business needs. As a member of the Dealer Training Team, this individual will help ensure quality dealer training through course design, delivery and evaluation, training resource materials and learning reinforcement.
- Develops and delivers dealer training content and communication.
- Work closely with SVPs, VPs, RSMs, and DRMs to develop collaboration to ensure successful meetings/training in local markets.
- Assist in the development and delivery of dealer training with a variety of training methodologies and job aids.
- Interact with other training department personnel to ensure consistency in materials for both internal and external content.
- Develops and delivers dealer training to meet business objectives (i.e., lease, subprime, F&I), including workshops, as well as on the job dealership training and coaching inside the dealerships.
- Supports the team efforts in formulating dealer training programs, and schedules based on knowledge of identified dealer training needs and company objectives.
- Track results after dealer training to determine impact; provide feedback to management.
- Stay current and educated on trends, innovations, and applications within the auto industry.
- Participate in best practices sharing and additional communication as needed for departmental success.
- Extensive working knowledge of the sales process (lease and retail), F&I, income development and various DMS systems and other operations within franchise dealerships.
- Clearly defined knowledge of the various decision makers and the correct approach for each selling scenario.
- Strong working knowledge of automotive finance industry.
- Solid knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Knowledge of the fixed operations of a dealership and how lender and finance products impact the profitability of a dealership.
- Understanding of pricing models for various in dealership training and the ability to formulate the value add proposition.
- Ability to present to the decision makers in automobile dealerships regarding income development opportunities and promote GMF as viable option.
- Strong group facilitation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to develop and deliver in dealership training concepts using methodologies focused on immediate application and use.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate concepts and processes in an easy to understand manner to a diverse dealer audience.
- Perfected skills in working alongside GM partners and presenting mutually beneficial approaches for the parent company.
- Ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers throughout the organization and within the various dealership levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to formulate action plans and timelines and execute plans within established deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present concepts and ideas.
- Ability to instruct and coach dealer personnel; both at the onset of a training campaign all the way through each department of a specific individual store.
- Effective follow-up skills to track and monitor the impact of said training.
- The ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the sales, sales management, and finance functions inside a dealership.
- Ability to work independently and as a highly functional team member.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to use appropriate software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred