Gannett Fleming Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gannett Fleming Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Accounting & Finance
- Employment Status
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
- Manages all aspects of multi-state, multi-legal entity’s payroll processing and tax filing compliance for US and Canadian operations.
- Manages and coordinates activities of payroll staff and payroll systems
- Develops, maintains and implements payroll procedures.
- Responsible for the integrity and proper functioning of all payroll related functions and systems including testing of software upgrades, testing of new procedures and conversions
- Contribute ideas to improve internal processes.
- Reviews and approves payroll deductions, interprets company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures, and directs preparation of reports
- Directs computation of differential pay according to company policy
- Oversees and reviews reconciliations of payroll and other accounts as required
- Oversees or prepares accounting accruals and entries for payroll related items
- Calculates and reconciles payouts of special compensation and stockholder programs. Working with HR, Legal and Accounting as necessary to ensure proper calculation and payments
- Work both independently and as part of a team to produce quality work and provide outstanding service to our internal customers
- Builds positive relationships, inspires others to perform at a higher level, prepares career development plans and retains an accountable workforce
- Other duties as assigned per needs of the business
- 8 or more years of experience with Payroll processing
- 3+ years of experience in Management
- Solid understanding of federal, state and local wage and hour employment tax laws.
- Multi-state experience, Canadian payroll experience a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of payroll regulations including payroll taxes, unemployment insurances, etc.
- Knowledge of electronic timesheet and payroll applications, BST and Oracle experience, a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advances skills in Excel and proficiency in MS word
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Successful track record of leading and driving positive change through others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Harrisburg PA; Camp Hill PA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: