Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Compliance Manager
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Our Compliance Group in Tempe is expanding to add a Compliance Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the regulatory compliance program for a new Mortgage Entity within the Freedom Financial Network family of companies. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for policy development and maintenance, risk and control assessment and documentation, and other CMS support. This role will be a member of a dynamic Compliance team, and will report to the Senior Director of Compliance.
- Authoring, reviewing, and facilitating development and maintenance of regulatory policies, enterprise procedures, and related documentation
- Understanding mortgage related regulations and compliance risks and impacts across the business
- Facilitating, managing and deploying risk & control assessments
- Analyzing, simplifying, and summarizing complex information
- Owning and/or facilitating governance processes for publication of policies including tracking policy inventory, and managing policy and procedure management system
- Assist in aligning relevant law/regulation within overall framework and to policies, procedures and controls
- Review, analyze and identify opportunities and lead changes to policies and increase the proper alignment of policies across the applicable laws/regulations
- Independently review and/or test processes and/or controls for effectiveness
- Experience with regulatory change and implementation
- Strong research, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities and workflow. Attention to detail a must.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of the mortgage compliance regulatory requirements including TRID, RESPA, SCRA, FACTA, GLBA, FDCPA, FlOOD, HMDA, TSR, TCPA, SAFE ACT, UDAAP, FAIR LENDING, E-SIGN, USAP, etc.
- 7 – 10 yrs recent mortgage compliance experience required.
- Knowledgeable in consumer protection, with strong proficiency in mortgage related requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new technology.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.