Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Our Compliance Group in Tempe is expanding to add a Compliance Analyst. The Compliance Analyst will assist and support the compliance team in all areas including evaluating issues identified from internal reviews of policies and procedures and working closely with different business units on remediation plans, ensuring the compliance knowledge base is up to date, and participating in ongoing internal reviews of wholesalers. This role will assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Manage the corrective action process following internal reviews of policies and procedures as well as coordinating with different business units in any appropriate remedial action.
- Assist with responding to and maintaining a compliance knowledge base to retain all compliance-related q&a from line of business to use as a reference point.
- Assist with wholesaler annual and quarterly internal reviews.
- Work closely with product team to review contract changes provided by legal department.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of all client facing documents
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of experience in a compliance or audit role, preferably in the consumer financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of one (preferably more than one) of the following statutes and practice areas: FCRA; FDCPA, ECOA, TILA, FTC Act; data protection; information security; on-line advertising; federal and state regulation of securities brokers and/or investment company/investment advisers
- Understanding and working with compliance related laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Experience in establishing compliance and risk management controls and control testing.
- Strong analytical skills and experience designing reports that effectively report on issues and trends.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work well under pressure, thrive working under limited direction, and an attitude that no job is too challenging or too small.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 programs, in particular, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Spanish speaking is a strong plus
- Preferred Skills: background in the debt settlement industry, collections, banking, finance, credit, mortgage or related fields
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.