Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Human Resources and Legal
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Our recruiting team supports full-cycle recruiting efforts for both the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, which includes a wide variety of enterprise, clinical, and scientific positions. Our Recruiting Coordinator works closely with our recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates in a fast-paced environment, often providing the candidate with their first impression of our organization. The ideal candidate will be organized, works effectively with internal and external clients and candidates, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, and enjoy the challenges of helping to recruit great talent.
Under direction from the Director of Talent Acquisition, the responsibilities will include:
- Schedule phone and in-person interviews for candidates with recruiters, hiring managers, and interview groups
- Arrange travel and subsequent reimbursements for candidates, as necessary
- Update candidate records, job descriptions, and requisitions in the applicant tracking system in real-time and as needed
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and workflow efficiency
- Provide backup support in managing in the newly approved requisition queue within the applicant tracking system to assign requisitions to recruiters; update requisitions with related information, as appropriate
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting activities, as needed, including career fair and event attendance, faculty and executive recruiting coordination, and other duties/projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of administrative support experience or recruiting coordination with heavy scheduling and client interaction
- Experience scheduling in Microsoft Outlook
- Experience making domestic and international travel arrangements
- Must be impeccably detail-oriented and have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Written and verbal communication must be professional, diplomatic, and confidential
- Must be highly organized and experienced in handling multiple tasks and time-sensitive information