Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Human Resources staff, and plant supervisors and managers. The Human Resources Coordinator has responsibility for recruiting, onboarding, timekeeping and attendance, leave administration, and training of employees. The Human Resources Coordinator works to ensure positive employee relations, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law.
- Responsible for recruitment, onboarding, coordination and conducting New Hire Orientation; Collect new hire information for payroll, entering information into HRIS system and timekeeping.
- Assist in training development, implementation of training programs and tracking of training throughout the plant.
- Process weekly payroll; responsible for administration of all employee transfers, leave of absences, new hires, terminations and change of employee information in HRIS system.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal employee information, company information, records and related issues in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Assist in managing leave of absences and maintain communication with employees on leave, Supervisors and third party vendors.
- Plan and coordinate employee appreciation events, employee focus groups and town hall meetings.
- Track required HR information and be able to compile HR data for analysis for items such as absenteeism, turnover, etc. using Excel.
- Ensure compliance and accurate record management; Responsible for the filing of documents pertaining to employee personnel files.
- Answering and assisting employees and agencies with employment and wage verification forms and questions.
- Responsible for communicating with employees about any issue, question and concerns as well as posting all notices for communication throughout the plant.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or University in Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Human Resources position. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience in iCIMS Applicant Tracking is a plus.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and federal regulations such as Family Medical Leave Act.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Strong analytical ability
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detailed oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.