Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Texas is currently searching for a knowledgeable and energetic Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator to develop, administer, and implement occupational safety programs and ISO14001 management.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Representative is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting with EHS orientation, training, inspections, and reporting
- Perform job site EHS compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations
- Assist in monitoring adherence to the company EHS program by all employees and subcontractors
- Review incident/accident investigation reports. Identify corrective actions if needed
- Assist line and staff management in understanding EHS regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections and citations
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety talks
- Provide advice and counsel to upper management on EHS occupational safety issues and decisions
- Assist in the drafting of EHS standards to conform to industry, state, federal, and local regulations
- Lead, assist, and participate on company safety committee, management review, and other created teams as needed
- S./B.A. degree in related field or;
- Five years EHS related work experience in a manufacturing environment. Master Degree is a plus
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of: RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, ISO14001, OSHA, TCEQ & Texas Administrative Codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Additional EHS certifications are an asset
- Interpersonal skills are required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs
- Travel as necessary
- Overtime as required
This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.