First Tech Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Compensation & Benefits
at First Tech Federal Credit Union
The Compensation & Benefits Director develops, deploys, and supports the administration of compensation, benefits and wellness programs. This position will ensure alignment with the organization’s business objectives through strategic compensation & benefits initiatives, programs, policies, processes and systems. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to affect change and improve the foundation for future growth.
Here's what you can expect from the job and what you need to be successful:
- Proposes, implements and maintains competitive, cost-effective and compliant compensation programs and strategies that support Company short- and long-term objectives.
- Lead the development, execution, and support of corporate compensation programs. (Incentive and bonus plans, job classification structure and job descriptions, salary structure, benchmarking activities, salary survey management, annual merit process, and communications, etc.)
- Provide leadership in all areas of compensation; establish policies and strategy in support of our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Provide guidance to HR and management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluations. Ensure salary classifications (FLSA, EEO) are compliant with Federal and State regulations.
- Conduct regular total compensation market analysis to validate total compensation structure, philosophy and market competitiveness for all positions/functions.
- Oversees annual variable compensation plan development, merit increase process, annual and ongoing salary monitoring.
- Ensures compensation programs and practices comply with applicable regulations such as Fair Pay Affirmative Action/EEO, and align with organizational guidelines.
- Proposes, implements and maintains competitive, cost-effective and compliant benefit programs and strategies that support Company short- and long-term objectives.
- Support the development and execution of the company’s benefits strategy; partner with broker to develop programs that are cost effective and in line with current benefits trends.
- Conduct regular benchmarking & manage vendors to ensure that our internal customers are getting best in class service.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, and HIPPA. Strong knowledge of California regulations required.
- Provide additional guidance and support for our Workers Compensation programs.
- Prepare and participate in internal and external audits as well as government (IRS, DOL) audits.
- Manage employee benefit enrollments for new hires, open enrollment, family changes and status changes.
- Oversee and administer leaves of absences (FMLA, STD, LTD, Personal leaves.)
- Coordinate the 401(k) plan. Ensure compliance related to required communications, employee participation and testing.
- Develop innovative communications to promote ongoing participant education and effective utilization of benefit programs in an effort to develop cost information for new plans and to make recommendations to management concerning sharing of costs.
Special Projects/ Project Management
- Provides leadership and/or support for special HR-related projects as needed.
- Develops and implements project management tools and processes to assist others to effectively manage projects. Provides training as needed/requested.
- Identifies and proposes projects in support of company objectives, being mindful of resource constraints and ROI.
- Represents compensation and benefit strategy on enterprise projects
- Strong knowledge and experience with compensation and benefits programs.
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws and regulations and their impact on the organization’s compensation policy and practice.
- Experience building, designing & implementing compensation & benefits solutions; proven ability to develop and implement action plans.
- Deep knowledge of HR best practices in the areas of compensation & benefits.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
- Education: Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a complex compliance driven organization preferred. Previous experience leading a team required.
- Certification/License: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.
Location: Hillsboro, OR 97124
First Tech is not currently offering Visa sponsorship or transfers for this position