First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First International Bank & Trust
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Be a part of an organization that invests in their employees to inspire them to be a better version of themselves every day. If you want to be challenged to grow in your career, help others do the same, and leave a mark on your community - we have an amazing opportunity for you!
Nationally recognized First International Bank & Trust is looking for an energetic, motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to manage people, projects and work both independently and as part of a team. We are looking for a leader who consistently sets a high standard for growth and who will empower our employees to be extraordinary.
Join a culture that encourages innovation, inspires ideas, supports change and doesn’t set boundaries on what success looks like. Recognized five years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy of living first.
Interested in learning more? Please see below for additional information regarding the Compliance Assistant position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, reviews the adherence of First International Bank and Trust's policies and procedures to federal and state laws and regulations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Examines FIB&T policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, with a particular emphasis on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Stays abreast of changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations and product offerings of FIB&T, with a particular emphasis on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Assists in the revision, preparation and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Informs and advises Management of conditions and status of FIB&T adherence to laws and regulations, with a particular emphasis on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Consults with and advises personnel affected by compliance issues and regulatory requirements.
- Completes monthly quality control reviews of consumer and real estate files for compliance with a number of consumer protection laws and regulations:
- Conducts entrance and exit interviews.
- Reviews selected files and tracks exceptions.
- Writes reports and presents findings to Compliance Committee, Management, Audit Committee, and to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Performs compliance and Bank Secrecy Act audits; writes reports and presents findings.
- Completes a monthly quality control review of Community Reinvestment Act data for commercial and agricultural loan files:
- Reviews selected files and tracks exceptions.
- Writes reports and presents findings to the Compliance Committee, Management, Audit Committee, and to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Assists in facilitating Federal and State examinations.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Conducts visits to offices annually to determine compliance with Bank policy and procedure, laws, and regulations with a particular emphasis on consumer protection laws and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience in Banking, preferably in the consumer compliance area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.