Fashion Institute of Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Payroll
at Fashion Institute of Technology
Fashion Institute of Technology - Assistant Director of Payroll-Revised
Thank you for considering Fashion Institute of Technology in your search.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Payroll.
Under the supervision of the Director of Payroll, the Assistant Director of Payroll will assist in managing the operations of the payroll office and supervising its staff, and will maintain and consistently improve systems that process semi-monthly payrolls for 3,500 employees of the College, its Foundation and its auxiliary enterprises.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of federal, state and local payroll practices and regulations, as well as those related to retirement systems, unemployment laws and filing requirements. The responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Payroll will include:
- Formulate and ensure compliance with payroll policies and procedures.
- Generate and analyze reports for accuracy.
- Support the tax filing of all Federal and State quarterly and yearly tax returns.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant collective bargaining agreements.
- Investigate and research various payroll-related issues and respond to inquiries from campus constituencies.
- Support all technology upgrade, testing, and implementation efforts with Banner HR.
- Coordinate with staff from Human Resources and Budget.
- Assist the Director on special projects.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience managing payroll operations, or an associate's degree and seven years of experience, or a high school diploma and nine years of experience.
- Experience with Payroll /HR systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills and a customer service, team-oriented approach.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to exercise considerable discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in harmony with a wide range of campus and SUNY system personnel
- Ability to use professional judgment, take action independently, and coordinate many activities simultaneously.
- Ability to compose written correspondence.
- Experience managing a payroll which includes collective bargaining employees.
- Experience working in payroll in a public sector or higher education environment.
- Credentials as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
Salary commensurate with experience.
For more information about the Fashion Institute of Technology, please visit www.fitnyc.edu.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter
Candidates are strongly urged to apply online at http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check.
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org